Last updated: 12/07/2021
1. MJ Executive Consulting, LLC (we, us) is committed to protecting the information about you that we collect, store and use when you provide it to us on our website: https://mjexecconsulting.com
2. We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act and so in accordance with this Act, we are compliant with its requirements in respect of the collection, management, and disclosure of your personal information.
3. We also uphold your rights to privacy if you are based in the European Union, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU). Your rights under the GDPR are listed below.
4. If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so. However, this may affect your use of this Site, or any products and services offered on it.
What is your personal information?
6. We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
What information may we collect from you?
8. MJ Executive Consulting, LLC may collect the following personal information from you:
current mailing or residential address.
age or birth date; and
profession or occupation.
9. We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
to provide our services to you.
to send communications requested by you.
to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new services.
to provide you with access to protected areas of our website; and
to comply with any Law, rule, regulation, Lawful and binding determination, decision, or direction of a regulator, or in cooperation with any governmental authority.
How do we collect your personal information?
10. We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
when you make an enquiry about our services.
through your access and use of our website, including when you register as a member of our website.
during conversations between you and our representatives.
when you ask to be placed on one of our subscription/mailing lists; or
when you become a client or customer of ours or otherwise use our products or services.
What happens if we cannot collect your personal information?
11. If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all the following may happen:
we may not be able to provide our products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all.
we may not be able to provide you with information about services that you may want, including information about special promotions; or we may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our website may not be as enjoyable or useful.
Site User Tracking Experience
12. We may use tracking software to review and improve your experience of our Site. We may use Facebook, LinkedIn, Convertkit, other relevant tools including Google Analytics Advertising products: Remarketing with Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Google Analytics collects data about our Site traffic via Google Advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers. Data collected via these Google products is not linked with any personally identifiable information you submit while on our Site. If you wish to opt out of the Google Analytics data collection, you may do so on Google’s Site at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
14. We use this to research our users’ habits so that we can improve our online services. Our cookies do not collect personal information. By accessing this website with your browser, this means that you accept cookies and that you agree to their use. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them. We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the Internet) to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information. If you do not use the cookies on this website, please note that blocking the cookies may cause the site to function only sub-optimal.
15. As our website is linked to the Internet, and the Internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Groups and forums
17. If you participate in a discussion forum, chat room or webinar, you should be aware that the information you provide there will be made universally available to others, potentially inside or outside MJ Executive Consulting, LLC, who have access to that discussion forum or chat room. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant’s opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of MJ Executive Consulting, LLC.
18. Please be advised that for any forums or Webinars you attend, recordings can be enabled by a meeting or webinar host. By signing up for any of MJ Executive Consulting, LLC’s, or any other host authorized by MJ Executive Consulting, LLC, webinar services or otherwise using them in any way, including without limitation by attending any MJ Executive Consulting, LLC meeting or webinar, you expressly acknowledge that we may make and store Recordings for meetings or webinars, and may make such recordings available to hosts and other Attendees at the direction of MJ Executive Consulting, LLC. If you do not want to be recorded, you can choose to leave the meeting or webinar.
To whom will MJ Executive Consulting, LLC disclose my personal information?
19. We may disclose your personal information to:
our employees, contractors, or service providers for the purposes of operating our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants.
suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
any other organization for any authorized purpose with your express consent.
21. If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at Law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
Direct marketing materials
22. We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, and email, in accordance with applicable marketing Laws. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavor to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our subscription/mailing list.
23. We do not provide your personal information to other organizations for the purposes of direct marketing.
Security and data quality
24. We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure.
25.We strive to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of personal information that you submit to us through our website. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. We endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
26. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
27. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or when we are no longer required by Law to retain it (whichever is the later).
How long do you retain my personal data for?
28. We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
29. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
30. By Law we must keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for five years for Australian tax Law purposes.
31. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data; see your legal rights below for further information.
32. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
If I am based in the EU, what are my legal rights under the GDPR?
33. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data; see your legal rights below for further information.
34. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
If I am based in the EU, what are my legal rights under the GDPR?
35. If the General Data Protection Regulation applies to you because you are in the European Union, you have rights under data protection Laws in relation to your personal data:
The right to be informed – that is an obligation on us to inform you how we use your personal data.
The right of access – that is a right to make what is known as a ‘data subject access request’ for copy of the personal data we hold about you.
The right to rectification – that is a right to make us correct personal data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate.
The right to erasure – that is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’ where in certain circumstances you can ask us to delete the personal data, we have about you (unless there’s an overriding legal reason, we need to keep it).
The right to restrict processing – that is a right for you in certain circumstances to ask us to suspend processing personal data.
The right to data portability – that is a right for you to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format (for example, a .csv file).
The right to object – that is a right for you to object to us processing your personal data (for example, if you object to us processing your data for direct marketing); and
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – that is a right you have for us to be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision making.
36. These rights are subject to certain rules around when you can exercise them.
37. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org